CPAmerica is a national trade association of independent CPA firms. Our business is to support our member firms with educational and networking events, firm marketing and business development tools, and resources for practice management, staff recruiting, development and retention that are designed to have a positive impact on the growth and profitability of member firms. We are extraordinarily successful at what we do because of who we are, a team of people who care about our members and each other. We offer a wonderful place to work and a career that is fun, challenging, meaningful, and part of a well-balanced life.
Wondering if you might like to join us?
- We are looking for a creative, high performer who is service oriented and enjoys coming up with fresh ideas and solutions to help others overcome their business challenges.
- We are collaborators who look beyond the way we have always done things, working independently and interactively to support our members’ needs and each other’s ability to get things done in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellence is a core value for us and that means sometimes delivering superior member service outside the typical 9-5 office hours.
- Outstanding communication skills are necessary whether you are writing, speaking, presenting, or sometimes facilitating discussions. You should like collaborating with people because that is what we do internally and externally, always remembering we are here to serve. Self-assuredness will go a long way as we interact often with very high-level professionals and consultants.
- You will be part of the strategic development process at a minimum supporting senior leadership ensuring projects are aligned with our overall goals and at times owning your initiatives and directing others on execution.
- This role is in Gainesville, FL but may be remote depending on your experience.
You should be:
- Passionate about helping others and always looking for ways to do things better.
- Someone who enjoys working with others and sees the success of individuals as a win for all.
- Initiative-taking and organized with a deep sense of personal responsibility for delivering excellent results.
- Adaptable, flexible, and composed when things do not go as planned, and ideally inclined to be thinking of Plans B & C before things even get that far.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage programs and events that support CPA member firms in the following practice areas: Tax and Client Advisory Services (CAS).
- Manage member committees to gather input on programs and relevant content.
- Develop event agendas with member and team input, negotiating with and securing speakers and presenters.
- Manage and promote 3-4 live events per year working with marketing and event managers to drive attendance, coordinate agendas with event logistics, manage and control certain aspects of meeting budgets, and achieve highest event evaluations.
- Travel to desirable locations for the 3-4 live events that you will be managing on-site.
- Monitor assigned member communications for response and help members find the expertise, help, support and/or resource needed.
- Participate with Services Team in ongoing assessment, management, and development of current and future initiatives with the goal of delivering relevant, progressive programs of value to our members.
What you should have:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to eight years’ experience in a fast paced, professional environment.
- Exceptional executive presence, including experience with high-level professionals.
- Excellent customer service skills with a passion for helping others.
- Expert-level ability with MS Office; helpful if you have experience with Adobe and even better if you have experience with Association Management Software (AMS).
- Comfortable with social media and professionally presented social profiles.
- Experience in any of the following is helpful but not required: professional services firms, association services, events/event management.
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to Jenn Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.