Norfolk, Virginia (August 29, 2023) —
- Ryon Clifton promoted to Audit Manager Caitlin Knight promoted to Tax Supervisor. Corinne Moorefield promoted to Tax Supervisor.
- Nathan Sosa promoted to Tax Supervisor.
- Stephanie Rose promoted to Tax Supervisor.
- Caroline Haller promoted to Tax Senior.
- Kelsey Johnson promoted to Tax Senior.
- Nathan Jernigan promoted to Tax Senior.
- Joe Lang promoted to Senior.
- Lauren McKeel promoted to Senior.
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), a CPAmerica member firm, announces the annual promotions of ten employees. The firm is led by managing shareholder, Angela R. Kerns, CPA.
- Ryon Clifton joined the firm in 2017, specializing in accounting and auditing services for government contracting, not-for-profit, and franchise clients. Clifton, a graduate of Old Dominion University, enjoys playing golf in his spare time and is eagerly looking forward to welcoming his daughter this coming December.
- Caitlin Knight joined WEC in 2017 as an intern and was hired full-time in 2018. She primarily works with entity tax: Partnerships, S-Corps, and C-Corps for operating companies. Knight graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2018. In her spare time, she trains and competes with her dog, Major, in Schutzhund; a dog sport that consists of tracking, protection, and obedience.
- Corinne Moorefield joined WEC in January 2020 as an intern and was hired full-time in June 2020. As a member of the Real Estate team, she primarily works with residential and commercial real estate companies. Moorefield graduated from Old Dominion University in May 2020 and enjoys working on home improvement projects in her spare time.
- Nathan Sosa joined WEC in 2021 and is one of our remote employees currently residing in Oklahoma. He specializes in tax research and working with S-Corps, technology, and service companies. Sosa graduated from Oklahoma Baptist University in 2018 and just completed his Master of Taxation in 2023. In his spare time, he loves spending time with his wife and dog, being outdoors, and exercising.
- Stephanie Rose joined WEC in 2021 as part of the Trust and Estate team and works remotely from North Carolina. Her focus is on trusts, estates, and high net-worth individuals. Rose graduated with her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from East Carolina University. In her spare time, she enjoys beekeeping, hiking, fishing, relaxing on the beach, and spending time with family.
- Caroline Haller joined WEC as an intern in 2021 after earning her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting from East Carolina University. She became full-time later that year and has since worked in the tax department. Caroline enjoys running, reading, and listening to podcasts in her personal time.
- Joe Lang joined WEC in 2021 as an intern and was hired full-time in 2022. He is a member of our Real Estate and Employee Benefit Plan teams, focusing on personal and entity tax returns, cost certifications, and projections. Lang graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University with a bachelor’s in biology, then switched to business, receiving an associate degree in accounting from TCC. He enjoys playing and creating music on the piano, violin, and guitar, watching classic films, and reading.
- Kelsey Johnson started at WEC in 2021 as an administrative intern. She later transitioned to a tax and audit intern role before becoming full-time staff in August 2022. Kelsey’s primary focus is on tax preparation for both individuals and entities within operating and real estate companies. She completed her studies at Old Dominion University in 2022. Outside of work, Kelsey finds joy in kayaking, staying active, and spending time with her three dogs.
- Lauren McKeel joined WEC as an intern in the summer of 2020 and was hired full-time in January 2023. Lauren is on our Real Estate team, where she primarily focuses on commercial and residential entities. McKeel graduated from Christopher Newport University with her BS in accounting in 2021 and from George Mason University in 2022 with her MS in accounting with a concentration in forensic accounting. In her free time, she loves to travel and relax by the pool.
- Nathan Jernigan joined WEC as an intern in 2020 and was hired full-time in 2021. He primarily focuses on operating companies, real estate companies, as well as high net-worth individuals. Jernigan graduated from East Carolina University in 2020. In his spare time, he loves watching and playing sports, and being outdoors.
“We are excited to promote all ten of these individuals,” said Kerns. “They have been an important part of building our firm, and we look forward to seeing them continually develop professionally.”